A collaboration between the Fields Corner Business Lab, Boston Impact Initiative, Social Good Marketing, TLee Development LLC, SCALE Consulting, Julian Addy Real Estate, Fields Corner Main Street, Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation and Eastern Bank is seeking a local business owned and/or operated by woman or person of color to occupy a prime retail space at 1452 Dorchester Avenue in the Fields Corner neighborhood of Dorchester.
The selected venture will be awarded a package of business services and assistance including:
• Up to 40 hours of pre and post launch business coaching • 6 month free rent period starting November 2017
• Substantially reduced rent rate for 5 years ($1,250/month), exclusive of tenant utilities
• $50,000 capital contribution to go towards leasehold improvements and/or business start-up expenses. The Location The retail space is in the heart of Fields Corner, across the street from the Fields Corner Redline subway station, and near the intersection of Dorchester Ave and Adams St.
The gross area is approximately 850 square feet with a bathroom and access to the basement for limited storage. The storefront features large windows with easy access to the street and foot traffic. Strong preference will be given to applicants that meet one or more of the following criteria:
• A business owned and/or operated by a woman or person of color
• A business whose owner(s) and/or operator(s) live in Dorchester, Mattapan or Roxbury
• A business that offers a product or service that is in short supply in Fields Corner and/or Dorchester
• A business that promotes the ideals of multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion while enriching the local community Requirements
Please submit a simple but thoughtful summary of the business concept for a new or existing business. A business plan and financial projections (including start-up costs projections and operating budget) is preferred, but not required to be considered.
Please send this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.
Contact Travis Lee or John Maudlin email@example.com 617-506-3471